Thursday, August 24, 2006

To God be the Glory!! =)

I've got a testimony! I've got a testimony! and I HAVE TO share it!! cuz it really amazes me! :D

ok, where shall i start? alright, I'll start where all thing start. yup! the BEGINNING! haha.. ok, so I was told on sunday that I had to do scripture reading on thursday (today). yeah. I was about to freak out. then God reminded me that He wanted to teach me something in my 2 years in SA.

Anyways, I said ok, decided to prepare on wednesday since I was at a funeral then. Then I kept praying through the week cuz i was very scared. Like, really really scared. let's jus say speaking in front of my entire cohort is not something I am exactly like comfrotable with? u know, hundreds of people, speaking into a mic, reading aloud? etc etc? yeah, u get my drift.

Then, my dad reminded me, it's not about u! It's about God. Pray for the non-believers that they will understand what you read and learn from it. So, I decided to shift my focus. then i prayed over the versus and for the pple that morning. But I WAS STILL VERY SCARED.

This morning, during morning worship, Anna shared 2 verses, and they were applicable to me emotions and my thoughts at that moment! wow!! Isn't God amazing? then I rushed out of the LT to go prepare after morning worship. I was like, ok, what come may. God will use me. All I have to do is to STOP thinking about myself.

Then when I went up there, there was some guy reciting the pledge again and again. Even though I dont know him, he talked to me. he kept thinking he forgot a line of the pledge. haha.. It made me laugh.So I laxed for a while. After the actual reciting of the pledge, I was like, ok... now is the time. Breathe in, go!

So, I read from my paper. My legs were trembling la! then by the time I was reading my prayer, I felt that my whole body was trembling. All the time, my stomach felt super constricted and I was feeling super nervous. But I just did what i had to do, taking in deep breaths again and again. Ok, then I was feeling kinda down after reading it. As in, for a moment or two. Cuz I felt that I didnt succeed.

but when I went down to join my class, they said I seemed pretty confident. And msK even encouraged me. I was like so thankful la! It appears that the raging nervousness I felt inside of me didnt show much. Praise the Lord! i really hope people were really listening to the scriptures read, and I heard they understood. =)

oh ya, I left out one thing! I woke up sick! so my nose and throat was blocked the whole early morning! so, I sounded nasal (so gracie poo said :) haha.. it didnt exactly help my "confidence". haha.. but it went alright.

To God be the glory!! ~

No comments: